Like most of us Unique Funerals have been following the UK government’s advice on dealing with the COVID-19 outbreak.
From the outset Unique Funerals have put stringent procedures regarding the importance of handwashing and general hygiene around the workplace.
Following the government’s most recent advice about gatherings and events we are doing everything we can to stay open and available for families.
With this in mind, we have had to make some difficult decisions as to how we operate safely for the families we serve as well as our own staff. We will remain open to families to make funeral arrangements and for viewing but we politely ask that you limit the number of people that visit at one time.
When you do visit please don’t be offended if our staff does not shake hands. We are available to take instructions over the phone, by facetime or by email.
Regarding church funerals the bishop announced this week that there will be no public worship in churches, but funerals can go ahead. However, it seems that the individual churches are making their own decisions on this with some cancelling the service in the church and some reducing the number of mourners that attend.
We have received information from most of the Crematoriums and Cemeteries we work with as to their procedures during this period. Below are the main points that will affect you:
- Number of Mourners attending to be limited to about 20 persons or immediate family.
- Please can mourners remain in their or outside of the crematorium keeping a safe distance from each other.
- No touching of the coffin by the family only the bearers.
- There will be no hymn books in the chapel.
- Service times are being limited to allow the chapels to be cleaned before and after each service.
- At the end of the service please vacate the chapel as quickly as possible.
- Webcasting available online in most chapels to stream service to family members or friends unable to attend.
- Most cemeteries have shut their chapels so services will take place at the graveside.
Number of Mourners attending to be limited to immediate family and only 10 mourners being advised at St Mary’s Wardley.
- There will be no shovels available for the family to backfill the grave.
- Soil boxes will no longer be provided – please do not bring your own to protect against cross-contamination.
If you have any issues or questions to ask about the procedures in place, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us on 0161 703 9944.
Please be assured of our commitment and dedication to you our families and your loved ones we are looking after at this time. This is an unprecedented and serious situation which we are all facing, and I would urge you regardless of age or health to limit your contact with others and to stay indoors.
We thank you for your understanding at this difficult time and please stay safe!