What is the Fair Funerals pledge 2020?
For a fifth year, Unique Funerals has reaffirmed its commitment to the Fair Funerals pledge, This means we be responsible and transparent about our pricing including third party costs and we will do our utmost to help you.
To achieve this, we will always have an open and honest conversation with you about money and we will try hard to find you a funeral that is within your means. We will be upfront and open about the amount of any deposit we require, and when this and the final balance needs to be paid.
How funeral costs made up?
At Unique funerals we break our funerals down into the following 4 sections to enable you to see straightaway exactly how much you are paying for each component:
1. Funeral directors’ costs – These are the cost of the funeral directors’ services.
Included in funeral director costs are:
- all aspects of the funeral arrangement, including the use of our funeral home facilities.
- preparing and completing all necessary documentation and liaising with third parties such as clergy, florists, crematorium and cemetery staff.
- bringing your loved one into our care within a 30-mile radius.
- preparation of your loved one, excluding embalming.
- provision of a hearse and all necessary personnel, for example coffin bearers and drivers
2. Coffin and Casket Selection – We have a wide range of coffins and caskets for you to chooses from. All our coffins and caskets are fully lined and fitted to your individual specification. As the cost here can vary widely due to individual preferences, we have separated this cost so that you can clearly see how much you are paying.
3. Disbursements Costs – (also known as third party fees) these are costs paid on your behalf to third parties, such as:
- church fees
- cremation fees
- burial fees
- doctors’ fees
- minister or officiants fees
4. Extra Expenses – These cover incidental expenses incurred in addition to the main service and include sundry expenses such as:
- obituary notices
- order of service