Unique Funerals offer a full International Repatriation Service to clients worldwide, so no matter where in the world you are, or where the death has occurred, we can help.
Each year Unique Funerals help families nationally and worldwide to bring their loved one’s home. Based in Manchester, we are within easy reach of Manchester International Airport, the UK’s third-largest airport.
Our team of multilingual and qualified professionals is on hand 24 hours a day delivering an unparalleled repatriation service that time-testing has shown as providing a seamless experience right from the outset. Our reputation for efficiency, professionalism, and personal attention is considered to be beyond compare.
Our facilities include private arranging rooms, chapels of rest, and a state-of-the-art mortuary that exceeds all current UK requirements including that of the National Association of Funeral Directors (NAFD) and SAIF the National Society of Allied Independent Funeral Directors.
With our average turnaround of 3 working days for an outbound repatriation and the capacity to secure family tickets for travel on the same flight as your loved one, the international repatriation service we deliver is both affordable and world-class.
Key aspects of our service:
- We are able to offer a full repatriation service both to and from the United Kingdom to any country worldwide.
- A close working relationship with many embassies, consulates, and government agencies along with specialised knowledge of the individual rules and regulations relating to documentation and permits required for each country.
- Membership of FIAT-IFTA (The World Organization of Funeral Operatives) facilitates our professional, collaborative relationship with many funeral directors and repatriation agents worldwide.
- Transfer of the deceased from any hospital or mortuary to any airport or address here or abroad.
- A choice of internationally approved coffins and caskets suitable for air transportation.
- Unsealing of the zinc-lined transportation coffin if required, and choice of an extensive selection of coffins or caskets suitable for funeral services in the United Kingdom.
- We can arrange for the translation for all relevant documentation into any language and where necessary for those documents to be notarised and legalised.
- In most cases, an Embassy permit of the receiving country is needed. We will present the necessary documentation to the Embassy and where required convey the Coffin to the Embassy for it to be Wax Sealed.
- Our collection and delivery service throughout the United Kingdom operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Working with you, we aim to ensure that all your requirements are met and that you and your loved one receive a seamless repatriation journey.
Comprehensive | Professional | Affordable
By instructing Unique Funerals International to commence international repatriation on your behalf, you can rest assured that you’re in the hands of a professional team with many years’ experience. To find out more, please use the inquiry form on the ‘contact us’ page or alternatively call us on: